Under Construction

I"m trying to add some new elements to the page, but will still be blogging. Hope you enjoy some of the new items on here.

Monday, August 15, 2011

SummerSlam Fallout


SummerSlam is billed as the biggest party of the summer, and last night that is exactly what the WWE gave us. For a PPV that I was skeptical about due to the fact that only four matches were announced by the end of Monday Night Raw last week, I walked away very impressed. We the fans got treated to three big returns (one really big one) and three title changes. Let's take a look at why I'm on the edge of my seat awaiting Raw tonight.


I unfortunately missed the first match of the PPV, and sadly the CM Punk/Stephanie skit that everyone was talking about.  Let's talk about what I did see.  I saw four outstanding matches that kept me entertained throughout the night.

Sheamus/Henry match was great.  These two guys worked their tails off in that ring.  I thought they made Sheamus look really strong throughout the match.  Great spot with Henry press slamming Sheamus back into the ring, absolutely loved that.  But I can't stress how much I loved this finish.  Such a huge spot there at the end and the reaction of the "fans" was awesome.  I love that the WWE put Henry over but still gives Sheamus the argument of "Yes you beat me, but you didn't destroy me".  I think from here we see Henry challenge Orton and Sheamus and Christian somehow get thrown in the mix.

I took a bit of a break during the Cee Lo Green and Diva's matchup. I didn't start paying attention again until Barrett vs. Bryan. I was surprised at the outcome of this match. I really expected Bryan to continue his momentum and capture the win here. One of my favorite spots here was Bryan's knee to face of Barrett coming off the ring apron. Good strong match from two young guys.  I really liked the finish here.  I think the WWE may be setting an eventual match with the briefcase on the line.

Christian vs. Orton rocked the house and may have stolen the show.  It was great to see Edge out there again, as I really do miss that guy.  After a relatively slow start these guys really picked up the pace.  By the way, Christian plays such a great heel.   Another random thought, why RKO someone on the announce table... The RKO is not something that is worsened by performing is on the announce table such as a piledriver, powerbomb, or Pedigree would be. Back to the match though, I thought the DDT on the trashcan was a great spot.  I loved the finish here; RKO on the steel steps was a nice way to end it.  Be interesting to see where these two go from here.  Was this the end all match?  I think so but we'll have to wait and see.

CM Punk and John Cena did it again.  The two put on a pretty darn good match.  Punk even treated us with a nice Savage tribute with a top rope elbow drop.  Here is my problem with the finish, of the match, not the post match stuff.  Triple H earlier in the match brought in both competitors to save the match from a double count out.  So why post match was he not shown footage that shows John Cena's foot on the rope like I've seen happen in other matches.  Restart the match then finish it.  I understand its part of the storyline and it will play out, but from the standpoint of Triple H wanting to fairly call the match it doesn't make sense.  Especially when other times throughout the WWE with similar finishes, matches have been continued after the ref was shown the footage.

Now let's talk post match, the return of Kevin Nash, powerbombing CM Punk and allowing Del Rio to cash in his Money in the Bank briefcase and capture the WWE Title.  So what was this all about?  So many questions.  Assuming he's doing a bodyguard gimmick, was he hired by Del Rio, or did Triple H have something to do with it.  We all know Triple H and Nash were a part of the infamous Clique, so maybe they bring him in to have more things Punk can "shoot" about.  Also makes you wonder if everyone was in cahoots and we will see some new type of Corporation faction with similar to McMahon's some years ago. This one would consist of Triple H, Nash, and Del Rio.  All I know is I'm seriously looking forward to Raw tonight and getting some of these questions answered.

Hope you all enjoyed the read, thanks for checking it out.

No comments: